Dabo club Nagpur Efforts to reopen the controversial Dabo Club, which was shut down for 45 days following the murder of two young men, have triggered strong anger and fear among the families of the victims. The incident took place in the early hours of December 26 last year during a Christmas party at Dabo Club. Pranav Ranavare (27) was allegedly killed after a minor dispute. His friend, Gaurav Karda (34), was badly injured in the same incident and later died during treatment. The Sonegaon police arrested six accused - Soumya Deshmukh, Mehul alias Monu Rahate, Rajiv Chawla, Abhay Jhamtani, Gappu Sharma and Tushar Nankani. All the accused are currently lodged in jail. The club is owned by Directors Devyani Vijay Wadettiwar, Karan Vikram Thakkar and Mohd Hamza Rayeen. It may be mentioned here that Dabo Club has a long history of complaints related to harassment and assaults. Police sources said repeated warnings were ignored by the management. During the investigation, it was found...
![]() |
| DG Sanjay Kumar |
Recruitment of constabulary in Maharashtra police to fill 18,500 vacant posts would begin by November 9 as all the obstacles in its way stands removed, informed Sanjay Kumar, Director General (DG), Training and Special forces, Maharashtra.
DG Sanjay Kumar said, his office has called for information from all police units in the State about latest position of vacant posts of constables. The vacancy position is for a period of two-years, 2020 and 2021 respectively. After compilation of the information, a proper advertisement notifying the vacancies, the reservation of seats, identifying the sportspersons quota, and other constitutional reservations, will be notified and published in the newspapers, he said.
Incidentally, just a few days back State Government had issued instruction to halt the ongoing process to publish advertisements for recruitment of constables in Maharashtra police for filling-up vacant posts. The orders issued on Saturday directed Maharashtra Police Establishment to put on hold the recruitment process on administrative grounds. The police recruitment advertisement was scheduled to be published on November 1.
Some inaccuracies had crept in and same was noticed at last moment and hence police establishment decided to pause and correct the format so avoid any litigations later, said the sources.
Stating that the highest 6,500 constables would be recruited for Mumbai Police Commissionerate, Kumar claimed that the Nagpur city police would get around 400 constables. Kumar further said that once the recruitment process gets completed, the new recruits would undergo training for a period of nine months in the training institutes of Maharashtra police. The written examination for Mumbai city will be conducted first while for rest of Maharashtra the test will be held a day later, he further informed.
The vacancies in constabulary has affected performance of the police force as they are the first to respond to any crime or law and order situation on the ground. Once all the vacant posts are filled-up the police units bosses can firm-up their strategies to deal with crime situation and ensure peace and tranquillity prevails in society.
Similarly, a full staffed force is quite capable of maintain an upper hand on criminals and rein in their anti-social activities through effective policing.

Comments
Post a Comment