Dabo club Nagpur Efforts to reopen the controversial Dabo Club, which was shut down for 45 days following the murder of two young men, have triggered strong anger and fear among the families of the victims. The incident took place in the early hours of December 26 last year during a Christmas party at Dabo Club. Pranav Ranavare (27) was allegedly killed after a minor dispute. His friend, Gaurav Karda (34), was badly injured in the same incident and later died during treatment. The Sonegaon police arrested six accused - Soumya Deshmukh, Mehul alias Monu Rahate, Rajiv Chawla, Abhay Jhamtani, Gappu Sharma and Tushar Nankani. All the accused are currently lodged in jail. The club is owned by Directors Devyani Vijay Wadettiwar, Karan Vikram Thakkar and Mohd Hamza Rayeen. It may be mentioned here that Dabo Club has a long history of complaints related to harassment and assaults. Police sources said repeated warnings were ignored by the management. During the investigation, it was found...
- I do not know about future of Third Front, says Pawar
By Dheeraj Fartode
Rubbishing the talk about instability of Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government in the Centre and mid-term polls, Union Agriculture Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar said that the Government was stable.
Commenting on the air over emergence of Third Front in the forthcoming general election, Pawar said, “I do not know about future of Third Front, and I do not believe in it. As far as my party is concerned, we have decided to be with UPA.” He was talking to reporters at Sawangi in Wardha district, on Sunday. He was in Sawangi to grace bhoomipujan ceremony of seven-storey Super Speciality Hospital and convocation of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Science University-Deemed University (DMIMS-DU).
Sharad Pawar interacting with media at Sawangi. |
The stalwart politician rejected any possibility of mid-term elections. Asked about Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s recent statements regarding likelihood of mid-term polls, Pawar said that he enjoyed friendly relations with Mulayam. SP chief continued his support to the UPA Government and sometimes he also targeted UPA, he remarked. On the issue of two power centres in UPA, as referred to by AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, the NCP leader said that there were no conflicts within UPA. “AICC has already cleared its stand on Digvijay Singh’s statement,” he added.
Recently, Union Government honoured Madhya Pradesh for achieving the highest agriculture production. Asked as to why Maharashtra could not receive the award during his tenure as Union Agriculture Minister, Pawar said that Union Government had given many facilities to MP Government to increase agricultural production. “But, Maharashtra has only 17 per cent agricultural land under irrigation,” he rued. However, he ducked the question about so little agricultural area under irrigation despite spending huge money over last several years.
Earlier, while addressing a public meeting after bhoomipujan of seven-storey Super Speciality Hospital of DMIMS-DU, Pawar announced that he would stay in public life but would not contest elections. “After a satisfied political life, now I shall quit political life and will not contest election. We have responsibility to prepare new political leadership,” he added.
Comments
Post a Comment