Dabo club Nagpur Efforts to reopen the controversial Dabo Club, which was shut down for 45 days following the murder of two young men, have triggered strong anger and fear among the families of the victims. The incident took place in the early hours of December 26 last year during a Christmas party at Dabo Club. Pranav Ranavare (27) was allegedly killed after a minor dispute. His friend, Gaurav Karda (34), was badly injured in the same incident and later died during treatment. The Sonegaon police arrested six accused - Soumya Deshmukh, Mehul alias Monu Rahate, Rajiv Chawla, Abhay Jhamtani, Gappu Sharma and Tushar Nankani. All the accused are currently lodged in jail. The club is owned by Directors Devyani Vijay Wadettiwar, Karan Vikram Thakkar and Mohd Hamza Rayeen. It may be mentioned here that Dabo Club has a long history of complaints related to harassment and assaults. Police sources said repeated warnings were ignored by the management. During the investigation, it was found...
![]() |
| Narayan Rane |
By Dheeraj Fartode
Hinting at sops for the industries in power tariff, Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane said Rs. 1 rebate is under consideration. The decision is aimed at providing a level playing field for industries and also enabling their competitiveness is not eroded by cheaper power available to industries in neighbouring states.Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company (MSEDCL) at present is charging Rs 6.05 to Rs 7.65 per unit for industries. In comparison, neighbouring states like Chattisgarh and Gujarat are offering power at more cheaper rates. The industries in Maharashtra have long been asking for rebate, saying they need to have a competitive rate to remain in competition.
Talking to newspersons during his visit to city, Rane said that power tariff revision may be decided within this financial year.
When asked about industrial gain for Vidarbha after ‘Advantage Vidarbha’, the Industries Minister expressed happiness that many industrialists are inquiring about investment prospected in the region and this is a good sign. “I am personally tracking all communication regarding industries,” Rane revealed further. However he could not explain advantages for Vidarbha in the new industrial policy announced for State.
Answering a question about single window system for industries desiring investment in Nagpur, Rane opined “there is manpower crunch in Forest and Environment Department and we are still in process of preparing a system but it will takes time without giving any stipulated time frame.”
The Industries Minister refused to take any querries on objectionable comments of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar or relations between Congress-NCP.

Comments
Post a Comment